The Agriculture and Natural Resources program serves the residents of New Jersey through the development and dissemination of research-based information. Our goal is to teach people new skills and information so they can make better informed decisions and changes in their businesses, and personal lives. Agriculture in New Jersey faces a unique set of challenges – most notably operating in a densely populated, highly-regulated, and high land-value state. Rutgers New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station (NJAES) is committed to investigating novel ways to support commercial growers while striving for economic and environmental sustainability.
Services Available at RCE Cape May County
- Farmer Vehicle Plate Certificate Application Form (Fillable PDF)
- Farm visits by ag staff upon request; to help diagnosis crop issues
- Farming Certificates
- In-house water testing for pH & salt. $5 fee for each sample.
- In-house soil testing for pH & salt. $5 fee for each sample.
- Pesticide Manuals available for purchase at our office or can be ordered online.
- Rutgers Soil Test kits available in the office for $20
Services & Information
Educational Sessions and Workshops
We offer educational sessions and workshops on many different topics in which we have expertise. If you are interested in having us offer a workshop on a specific topic, please contact us.
Ag and Natural Resources Events
- Eat What You Grow: Eggplant & Tomatoes, originally took place on July 15, 2021 with Chris Zellers and Jennifer Sawyer.
- Eat What you Grow: Cabbage, Kale & Peas – originally took place on March 25, 2021.
- Eat What You Grow: Root Vegetables & Garlic – webinar with Cape May County’s Chris Zellers, FCHS. Educator/Assistant Professor and Jen Sawyer, ANR County Program Associate for Commercial Agriculture. The webinar was held and recorded on September 24, 2020.
- Eat What You Grow: Squash – workshop presented by FCHS and Agriculture and Natural Resources of Cape May County on our You Tube Channel.
- Eat What You Grow – workshop presented by FCHS and Agriculture and Natural Resources of Cape May County on our You Tube Channel.
- Growing Small Fruits in the Home Garden – workshop on YouTube.
Learn More About Agriculture and Natural Resources Programs and Services in Cape May County
Call our office at:
Claudia Gil Arroyo
Agriculture & Natural Resources County Agent III
Jen Sawyer Caraballo, ANR County Program Associate for Commercial Agriculture
Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Cape May County
355 Court House-South Dennis Road
CMCH, NJ 08210
To subscribe to our mailing list, email: